1. Trevor said that “when you do something for God, folks come out of the woodwork to oppose you”. Have you experienced this in your life? How do you deal with feeling “beat down”? How do you encourage others who are feeling that way?
2. We see tribulation and hostility in Paul’s ministry (and of course in Jesus’s as well). How does this inform your expectations for what it means to follow Christ?
3. “What God has for you is found in the middle of opposition” – how have you seen this in your life?
4. What role did community and the church have in Paul’s ministry in this passage? How does your group serve one another when a member is feeling “beat down”?
5. What do you learn about suffering from Paul’s return to Lystra after he was stoned?