- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted” – In what way are those who mourn blessed?
- Do you feel like the church is a safe place to grieve/mourn?
- What has been your own experience of mourning as a follower of Christ? What things grieve you now? How do you minister to one another as a group as you mourn?
- Read Jeremiah 2:12-13. How would you explain the truth of this verse to someone?
- What are some of the “broken cisterns” you have looked to in your own life?
- Read Rom 8:31-39. How does the reality of Christ’s death and resurrection influence your perspective on your own sin? How does it change you view of the “messes” that so often characterize life in a fallen world?